Last Update: 05/07/2020
1. User’s Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms
This agreement describes the terms and conditions for participation in the WP Authors Affiliate Program. In this agreement, the term “Affiliate” refers to you (the applicant). In this agreement, WP Authors refers to the product owner and publisher, WP Authors.
We may modify any of the terms and conditions within this Agreement at any time and at our sole discretion. These modifications may include, but not limited to changes in the scope of available referral fees, fee schedules, payment procedures and Affiliate Program rules. If any of the modifications are UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, your only recourse is to terminate this Agreement. If you CONTINUE PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, it will be considered as your acceptance of the change.
To enroll in the affiliate program, you must submit an affiliate application and be approved. Applications are processed in 48 hours and applicants will be notified via email of their acceptance status as soon as possible after their information is reviewed.
4. Commissions and payouts
You’ll earn a 15% commission when a customer purchases services.
We payout affiliate commissions in USD via PayPal in the first week of every month. As we have a 30-day money-back guarantee, we only pay commissions older than 30 days. The minimum payout balance is $50.00, and there’s no maximum payout balance.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases.
The details in summary:
- You’ll receive a 15% on orders.
- Minimum payout balance of $50.00, and no maximum payout (we pay in USD).
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of each month.
- Referrals are paid out via Payoneer.
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
5. Referral cookie
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 45 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase a plan with WP Authors, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral will not be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 45 days (because the cookie will expire and thus the sale won’t be trackable).
6. Refunded purchases
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $50.00 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
7. Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate you agree to receive emails from WP Authors. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding changes to the WP Authors affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote WP Authors. As an affiliate, you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
8. Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise, or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
9. Prohibited Usage
The following cases prohibited and are grounds for immediate termination of the affiliate account.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use the WP Authors logo, logo marks or other WP Authors website/branding imagery in a header graphic or in any way as to indicate they are officially affiliated or partnered with WP Authors.
- Affiliates MAY NOT promote coupons that were not provided to them personally by WP Authors. Want to promote a coupon? Contact us and we can work with you. You may NOT promote coupon codes you may have found elsewhere online. Doing so can result in the termination of your affiliate account and withholding of affiliate payments for violating our affiliate agreement.
- Affiliates MAY NOT host or promote “coupon stacking” sites where customers may combine coupons to receive additional discounts.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use their own affiliate URL to gain discounts on their own plans with WP Authors.
- Affiliate MAY NOT clone our site, copying our site, using any of our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official WP Authors site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services/scripts that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
- Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote WP Authors. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
10. Consequences of prohibited promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable and delete your affiliate account. We reserve the right to action this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods only, and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate.
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Affiliate Program or an affiliate’s potential to earn income from the Affiliate Program. In addition, we make no representation that the operation of the websites or the Affiliate links will be uninterrupted or error-free, and WP Authors will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
12. Contact Information